Aldworth School – Entrance Canopy
Dawnus acting as the main contractor appointed Clovis to provide an entrance canopy solution which would provide protection from the weather while complementing the external finish of the refurbished secondary school building.
The extensive cantilever was the most viable option as services including drains were located where columns would be typically positioned.
In consultation with our Structural Engineer, we designed a canopy that would need to reach across more than 4m from foundations which had to be designed to carry the frame and any loads imposed from wind or snow.
Substantial columns were braced with stainless steel tie rods and the roof was glazed using 6mm solid clear polycarbonate into aluminum glazing bars, the structure and RWG were polyester powder coated to the required RAL.
Installation took 3 days (due to restricted access), groundworks and reinstatement by others.
- Shape: Mono-Pitched Lean-To
- Support: Free Standing Cantilever
- Hoop Style: Single Box
- Cladding Type: Polycarbonate
- Location: Basingstoke. Hampshire
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will there be any additional hidden charges to the quotation?
No, our prices are all inclusive.
- Will our concerns over children and staff safety be addressed prior to installation?
We have been working within schools for many years. All contractors are Clovis approved and CRB checked. Full risk assessments are carried out prior to starting installation taking into consideration your requirements and safety fencing is erected wherever needed at no additional charge.
- What guarantees are offered?
Subject to appropriate cleaning and maintenance we offer the following guarantees:-
- Framework – 25 years against failure within design, wind and snow loadings
- Polycarbonate – 10 years against discolouration from sunlight
- Fabric Cladding – 10 years against degradation / failure from sunlight
We aim for 100% satisfaction 100% of the time.
We'd love to hear from you