Waterways Children’s Centre
A 3m x 9m long canopy supplied to the children’s centre to create an additional outdoor covered play area to the side of a new modular building.
- Shape: Curved Lean-to
- Support: Free Standing Cantilever
- Hoop Style: Single Box
- Cladding Type: Fabric
- Location: London
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you fix your canopies directly onto tarmac?
No, all canopies are fixed on to concrete pads or bases as the structures can lift out from the ground if not fixed into a suitable concrete base due to the uplift created by wind acting on the roof area.
- How is the polycarbonate sheeting attached to the framework?
We use a two part glazing bar on our canopies with rubber gasket or cushions to attach the roof polycarbonate sheets as this allows for the expansion of the sheets as the weather heats up or cools down. The rubber gaskets as well as creating a watertight seal greatly reduce noise levels as the sheets expand and contract. We do not screw sheets directly to the framework as this can lead to the roofing sheets buckling and potentially causing leaks due to the possibility of screw heads popping off. In addition to this we never lap one sheet over the other as this can result in an algae build-up resulting in unsightly discoloured patches in the roof.
- What guarantees are offered?
Subject to appropriate cleaning and maintenance we offer the following guarantees:-
- Framework – 25 years against failure within design, wind and snow loadings
- Polycarbonate – 10 years against discolouration from sunlight
- Fabric Cladding – 10 years against degradation / failure from sunlight
We aim for 100% satisfaction 100% of the time.
- Will our concerns over children and staff safety be addressed prior to installation?
We have been working within schools for many years. All contractors are Clovis approved and CRB checked. Full risk assessments are carried out prior to starting installation taking into consideration your requirements and safety fencing is erected wherever needed at no additional charge.
We'd love to hear from you