Kent Umbrella Canopy
Contemporary and stylish, the Kent Umbrella can be used to further improve any outdoor social area, naturally drawing in individuals to shelter from the rain
A fresh addition to our large range of canopies and shelters, we are pleased to introduce the Kent Umbrella which can be used to further improve any outdoor social area, naturally drawing in individuals to shelter from the rain when it’s pouring, or shade from the the sun when it’s shining.
The structure is clad with multiwall polycarbonate and can be powder coated in any standard BS or RAL colour to subtly enhance the environment in which it will sit. The Kent Umbrella is an alternative option to our tensile fabric clad Sussex Umbrella. Utilising one central column to support the tough and robust structure, the Kent Umbrella range can be configured in a variety of sizes and shapes, such as an octagon, hexagon, rectangle or square to complement the space in which it will be employed. Why not combine two Umbrellas to form a figure of eight? Whatever you specify they’ll be a great finishing touch to any project they’re chosen for.
- Warranties: Framework - 25 years | Polycarbonate Cladding - 10 years against discolouration through sunlight
- Size: To client requirements
- Applicable Standards: BS6399 Pt.2 - Wind & Snow Loadings; BS5950 - Structural Use of Steelwork in Buildings
- Roof Shape: Pitched
- Polycarbonate Cladding: Flame Retardant (Class 1) Structured Opal (opaque) Polycarbonate with a 10 year guarantee against discolouration from sunlight
- Polycarbonate Cladding Fixing: Two part Aluminium Glazing Bar with rubber gaskets to allow for thermal expansion of the roofing sheets and secure fixing
- Standard Finish: Shot blast, zinc sprayed and polyester powder coated to any standard RAL or BS colour
- Rainwater Goods: Colour coded Aluminium gutters included as standard to both eaves sides, with down pipes terminating at ground level
- Foundation Fixings: Cast in-situ anchor bolts into concrete foundation pads typically 800mm square x 600mm deep
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Building Regulations and will they affect me?
In relation to our canopies Building Regulations specify the standard to which they should be built i.e. strength, fire rating of materials etc. Again it is advisable to contact your local Building Control officer(s), as a rule of thumb any canopy over 30m2 will require conformity to building regulations and an application will need to be made although this figure can be lower. Most of our structures are supplied conforming to the requirements for these regulations as standard and generic sets of structural calculations can be supplied free of charge to demonstrate to Building Control the integrity of the proposed structure and foundations.
- What colour can the framework be?
Each canopy framework is supplied in the colour of choice from the standard RAL range. A match for most school colour schemes can be found with that range if required.
- What further peace of mind can you give us before we place an order?
We are a sound, family run company with a high credit rating, which has been manufacturing and installing modular steel buildings for over 45 years. A great deal of our work comes from repeat business and recommendations from existing customers (references available on request). We aim for 100% satisfaction 100% of the time. As well as being CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Scheme) accredited, Construction Line registered we are a approved contractor to many Local Authorities and large building contractors. You will be allocated a dedicated Contract Manager who can be contacted to answer any questions that you may have at any point in the process.
- What guarantees are offered?
Subject to appropriate cleaning and maintenance we offer the following guarantees:-
- Framework – 25 years against failure within design, wind and snow loadings
- Polycarbonate – 10 years against discolouration from sunlight
- Fabric Cladding – 10 years against degradation / failure from sunlight
We aim for 100% satisfaction 100% of the time.
We'd love to hear from you