Ascot Barrel Canopy
The Ascot barrel vault design uses a single rolled tubular box section for the roof arches giving a clean line to the roof. The ascot can be clad in either polycarbonate or flame retardant fabric.
The Ascot barrel vault design uses a single rolled tubular box section for the roof arches giving a clean line to the roof. The barrel format brings the eaves down on either side creating greater protection in open areas. The roof of the canopies can either be clad with flame retardant waterproof fabric or polycarbonate.
- Warranties: Framework - 25 years | Polycarbonate Cladding - 10 years against discolouration through sunlight | Fabric Cladding - 10 years against premature degradation
- Size: The maximum width for the Ascot is around 6m but each canopy as fabricated to suit the clients requirements.
- Applicable Standards: BS6399 Pt.2 - Wind & Snow Loadings; BS5950 - Structural Use of Steelwork in Buildings
- Roof Shape: Low Rise Barrel Vault
- Polycarbonate Cladding - Option 1: Flame Retardant (Class 1) Structured Opal (opaque) Polycarbonate with a 10 year guarantee against discolouration from sunlight
- Polycarbonate Cladding Fixing: Two part Aluminium Glazing Bar with rubber gaskets to allow for thermal expansion of the roofing sheets and secure fixing
- Fabric Caldding - Option 2: Waterproof, Flame retardant, coated fabric with a 10 year guarantee against premature degradation. Available in a number of standard colours.
- Fabric Cladding Fixing: The fabric roof cladding sheets are tensioned into and retained by our own aluminium cladding retention rail system
- Standard Finish: Shot blast, zinc sprayed and polyester powder coated to any standard RAL or BS colour
- Rainwater Goods: Colour coded Aluminium gutters included as standard to both eaves sides, with down pipes terminating at ground level
- Foundation Fixings: Cast in-situ anchor bolts into concrete foundation pads typically 800mm square x 600mm deep
The Crescent is a large span fabric clad canopy structure using a tapered trellis arch design. It is ideal for large communal areas such as covered outdoor dining and recreation…
The barrel format brings the eaves down on either side creating greater protection in open areas. In Primary School outdoor play canopies, the trellis arches are used to hang sensory…
The Oxford XL is a large span polycarbonate clad canopy structure using a tapered trellis arch design. It is ideal for large communal areas such as covered outdoor dining and…
The Oxford twin hoop waveform is an alternative to the standard lean-to or barrel style. Due to the double curvature, it is only available with polycarbonate cladding. The Oxford twin…
This freestanding polycarbonate clad canopy is 4.5m wide x 6.6m long and was erected so that the children could play outside in all weathers. This canopy has round columns, box…
Judgemeadow Community college as with many other secondary schools are going through a period of expansion and consulted with us to come up with a canopy solution to there increasing…
This prep school used our barrel vault canopy system to provide shade and rain protection in two adjacent reception class play areas. The added benefit was the facelift created for…
This bright coloured Free-standing, polycarbonate roof, Ascot Barrel-vault canopy is 5.85m wide x 25m long has given an outdoor play area with access direct from the classrooms. The canopy provides both…
Oxford Lean-to style, Polycarbonate Shade Canopy, with dimensions 5.2m wide x 20.6m long is used for a playarea, parent waiting area, and outdoor learning facility at this school. Suitable for most…
Ascot lean-to canopy with polycarbonate glazing has been installed to cover the sitting area, enabling the children to have a shelter for outside eating.
This polycarbonate shade canopy is ideal for the children to play under in all weathers. School structure is 5.46m wide x 9m long with 139mm dia round columns and is…
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will there be any additional hidden charges to the quotation?
No, our prices are all inclusive.
- Will our concerns over children and staff safety be addressed prior to installation?
We have been working within schools for many years. All contractors are Clovis approved and CRB checked. Full risk assessments are carried out prior to starting installation taking into consideration your requirements and safety fencing is erected wherever needed at no additional charge.
- Will I require planning permission?
We always advise that you call your local planning authority as there are no hard and fast rules. They will advise on whether you require planning permission for your proposed canopy. Although it differs from region to region canopies under 35m2 may not require permission but this can be affected by situations such as proximity to neighbours, listed building status, conservation areas etc. so it always best to check. We are happy to provide free of charge, scaled drawings etc. of the proposed canopy structure to assist your application should you require.
- What guarantees are offered?
Subject to appropriate cleaning and maintenance we offer the following guarantees:-
- Framework – 25 years against failure within design, wind and snow loadings
- Polycarbonate – 10 years against discolouration from sunlight
- Fabric Cladding – 10 years against degradation / failure from sunlight
We aim for 100% satisfaction 100% of the time.