Oxford XL Barrel Vault Canopy
The Oxford XL Barrel Vault is a large span canopy structure using a trellis arch design. It is ideal for large communal areas such as covered outdoor dining and recreation areas in secondary schools, and for covering large courtyards. The roof of the canopies can either be clad with flame retardant waterproof PVC fabric or polycarbonate.
Substantial columns enable eaves heights to be matched with virtually any adjoining building.
- Guarantees: Framework - 25 years | Polycarbonate Cladding - 10 years proportional against discolouration through sunlight | Fabric Cladding - 10 years proportional against premature degradation
- Size: The standard maximum width for the Oxford is around 13.5-15m, but each canopy is fabricated to suit the clients requirements
- Applicable Standards: UKCA Marked structural steel fabricated in accordance with BS EN1090, designed in accordance with BS EN 1990,91,92,93,97 for Wind & Snow Loadings (replaced BS6399 Pt.2 - Wind & Snow Loadings; BS5950 - Structural Use of Steelwork in Buildings)
- Roof Shape: Low Rise Barrel Vault
- Polycarbonate Cladding - Option 1: Flame Retardant (Class 1) Structured Opal (opaque) or Clear Polycarbonate with a 10 year proportional guarantee against discolouration from sunlight
- Polycarbonate Cladding Fixing: Two part Aluminium Glazing Bar with rubber gaskets to allow for thermal expansion of the roofing sheets and secure fixing
- Fabric Caldding - Option 2: Waterproof, Flame Retardant, white PVC coated fabric with a 10 year proportional guarantee against premature degradation. Also available in other non-standard colours
- Fabric Cladding Fixing: The fabric roof cladding sheets are tensioned into, and retained by, our own aluminium cladding retention rail system
- Standard Finish: Shot blast, Beckryzinc primed, and polyester powder coated to any standard BS/RAL Classic colour
- Rainwater Goods: Colour coded Aluminium gutters included as standard to both eaves sides, with downpipes terminating at ground level
- Foundation Fixings: Chemical or cast in-situ anchor bolts into concrete foundation pads typically 1.2m cubes
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can we view existing canopies, so that we know what we are buying?
If you are considering purchasing a canopy from any company, it is in fact strongly recommended that you visit an existing installation to see exactly what you are paying for. At Clovis Canopies we are proud of our work and are happy to arrange (with the clients consent) for you to view examples of our work and structures.
- Do you use Polycarbonate, PETG, GRP or Acrylic for non fabric cladding?
At Clovis Canopies we use polycarbonate roofing as although slightly more expensive, we find it has a better combination of strength, impact resistance, sheet size and colour, fire / flame resistance and longevity of life than any of the other above mentioned cheaper materials.
- How are the fabric sheets attached to the framework?
Fabric sheets are securely attached all round using an aluminium cladding rail system, which has been tried, tested and proven for over 30 years.
- Do you fix your canopies directly onto tarmac?
No, all canopies are fixed on to concrete pads or bases as the structures can lift out from the ground if not fixed into a suitable concrete base due to the uplift created by wind acting on the roof area.
We'd love to hear from you