Crescent Barrel Canopy
The Crescent is a large span fabric clad canopy structure using a tapered trellis arch design. It is ideal for large communal areas such as covered outdoor dining and recreation areas in secondary schools for covering large courtyards or as garden centre
The Crescent is a large span fabric clad canopy structure using a tapered trellis arch design. It is ideal for large communal areas such as covered outdoor dining and recreation areas in secondary schools for covering large courtyards or as garden centre planteria canopies, goods inward areas. Substantial columns enable eaves heights to be matched with virtually any adjoining building.
- Warranties: Framework - 25 years | Polycarbonate Cladding - 10 years against discolouration through sunlight | Fabric Cladding - 10 years against premature degradation
- Size: The maximum width for the Oxford is around 10m but each canopy as fabricated to suit the clients requirements.
- Applicable Standards: BS6399 Pt.2 - Wind & Snow Loadings; BS5950 - Structural Use of Steelwork in Buildings
- Roof Shape: Low Rise Barrel Vault
- Polycarbonate Cladding - Option 1: Flame Retardant (Class 1) Structured Opal (opaque) Polycarbonate with a 10 year guarantee against discolouration from sunlight
- Polycarbonate Cladding Fixing: Two part Aluminium Glazing Bar with rubber gaskets to allow for thermal expansion of the roofing sheets and secure fixing
- Fabric Caldding - Option 2: Waterproof, Flame retardant, coated fabric with a 10 year guarantee against premature degradation. Available in a number of standard colours.
- Fabric Cladding Fixing: The fabric roof cladding sheets are tensioned into and retained by our own aluminium cladding retention rail system
- Standard Finish: Shot blast, zinc sprayed and polyester powder coated to any standard RAL or BS colour
- Rainwater Goods: Colour coded Aluminium gutters included as standard to both eaves sides, with down pipes terminating at ground level
- Foundation Fixings: Cast in-situ anchor bolts into concrete foundation pads typically 800mm square x 600mm deep
The Ascot barrel vault design uses a single rolled tubular box section for the roof arches giving a clean line to the roof. The ascot can be clad in either…
The Oxford XL is a large span polycarbonate clad canopy structure using a tapered trellis arch design. It is ideal for large communal areas such as covered outdoor dining and…
The Oxford twin hoop waveform is an alternative to the standard lean-to or barrel style. Due to the double curvature, it is only available with polycarbonate cladding. The Oxford twin…
Modern and stylish, The Sussex tensile fabric Umbrella can be used to enhance any outdoor social space, naturally drawing people in to shelter from the rain when it pours or…
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Building Regulations and will they affect me?
In relation to our canopies Building Regulations specify the standard to which they should be built i.e. strength, fire rating of materials etc. Again it is advisable to contact your local Building Control officer(s), as a rule of thumb any canopy over 30m2 will require conformity to building regulations and an application will need to be made although this figure can be lower. Most of our structures are supplied conforming to the requirements for these regulations as standard and generic sets of structural calculations can be supplied free of charge to demonstrate to Building Control the integrity of the proposed structure and foundations.
- What colour can the framework be?
Each canopy framework is supplied in the colour of choice from the standard RAL range. A match for most school colour schemes can be found with that range if required.
- What further peace of mind can you give us before we place an order?
We are a sound, family run company with a high credit rating, which has been manufacturing and installing modular steel buildings for over 45 years. A great deal of our work comes from repeat business and recommendations from existing customers (references available on request). We aim for 100% satisfaction 100% of the time. As well as being CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Scheme) accredited, Construction Line registered we are a approved contractor to many Local Authorities and large building contractors. You will be allocated a dedicated Contract Manager who can be contacted to answer any questions that you may have at any point in the process.
- What guarantees are offered?
Subject to appropriate cleaning and maintenance we offer the following guarantees:-
- Framework – 25 years against failure within design, wind and snow loadings
- Polycarbonate – 10 years against discolouration from sunlight
- Fabric Cladding – 10 years against degradation / failure from sunlight
We aim for 100% satisfaction 100% of the time.