Ascot Lean-to Canopy
The Ascot lean-to design uses a single rolled tubular box section for the roof arches giving a clean line to the roof. The lean-to format can be used to butt up to existing walls or over sail existing roofs and gutters without creating an additional roof valley. The roof of the canopies can either be clad with flame retardant waterproof fabric or polycarbonate.
- Warranites: Framework - 25 years | Polycarbonate Cladding - 10 years against discolouration through sunlight | Fabric Cladding - 10 years against premature degradation
- Size: The maximum width for the Oxford is around 10m but each canopy as fabricated to suit the clients requirements.
- Applicable Standards: CE Marked structural steel fabricated in accordance with BS EN1090, Designed in accordance with BS EN 1990,91,92,93 for Wind & Snow Loadings (replaced BS6399 Pt.2 - Wind & Snow Loadings; BS5950 - Structural Use of Steelwork in Buildings)
- Roof Shape: Low Rise Barrel Vault
- Polycarbonate Cladding - Option 1: Flame Retardant (Class 1) Structured Opal (opaque) Polycarbonate with a 10 year guarantee against discolouration from sunlight
- Polycarbonate Cladding Fixing: Two part Aluminium Glazing Bar with rubber gaskets to allow for thermal expansion of the roofing sheets and secure fixing
- Fabric Caldding - Option 2: Waterproof, Flame retardant, coated fabric with a 10 year guarantee against premature degradation. Available in a number of standard colours.
- Fabric Cladding Fixing: The fabric roof cladding sheets are tensioned into and retained by our own aluminium cladding retention rail system
- Standard Finish: Shot blast, zinc sprayed and polyester powder coated to any standard RAL or BS colour
- Rainwater Goods: Colour coded Aluminium gutters included as standard to both eaves sides, with down pipes terminating at ground level
- Foundation Fixings: Cast in-situ anchor bolts into concrete foundation pads typically 800mm square x 600mm deep
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will there be any additional hidden charges to the quotation?
No, our prices are all inclusive.
- What guarantees are offered?
Subject to appropriate cleaning and maintenance we offer the following guarantees:-
- Framework – 25 years against failure within design, wind and snow loadings
- Polycarbonate – 10 years against discolouration from sunlight
- Fabric Cladding – 10 years against degradation / failure from sunlight
We aim for 100% satisfaction 100% of the time.
- Will our concerns over children and staff safety be addressed prior to installation?
We have been working within schools for many years. All contractors are Clovis approved and CRB checked. Full risk assessments are carried out prior to starting installation taking into consideration your requirements and safety fencing is erected wherever needed at no additional charge.
- How is the polycarbonate sheeting attached to the framework?
We use a two part glazing bar on our canopies with rubber gasket or cushions to attach the roof polycarbonate sheets as this allows for the expansion of the sheets as the weather heats up or cools down. The rubber gaskets as well as creating a watertight seal greatly reduce noise levels as the sheets expand and contract. We do not screw sheets directly to the framework as this can lead to the roofing sheets buckling and potentially causing leaks due to the possibility of screw heads popping off. In addition to this we never lap one sheet over the other as this can result in an algae build-up resulting in unsightly discoloured patches in the roof.
We'd love to hear from you