Oxford Cantilever Canopy
The Oxford Cantilever entrance canopy can either be clad with flame retardant waterproof fabric or polycarbonate. Generally secured and supported by two columns to the rear, the Oxford entrance canopy uses the popular twin hoop, trellis arch design. Side panels of glass or polycarbonate can be added further increasing the protection given to entrance doors.
- Guarantees: Framework - 25 years | Polycarbonate Cladding - 10 years against discolouration through sunlight | Fabric Cladding - 10 years against premature degradation
- Size: The maximum depth for the Oxford Cantilever is around 3.5m but each canopy as fabricated to suit the clients requirements.
- Applicable Standards: CE Marked structural steel fabricated in accordance with BS EN1090, Designed in accordance with BS EN 1990,91,92,93,97 for Wind & Snow Loadings (replaced BS6399 Pt.2 - Wind & Snow Loadings; BS5950 - Structural Use of Steelwork in Buildings)
- Roof Shape: Low Rise Barrel Vault
- Polycarbonate Cladding - Option 1: Flame Retardant (Class 1) Structured Opal (opaque) Polycarbonate with a 10 year guarantee against discolouration from sunlight
- Polycarbonate Cladding Fixing: Two part Aluminium Glazing Bar with rubber gaskets to allow for thermal expansion of the roofing sheets and secure fixing
- Fabric Caldding - Option 2: Waterproof, Flame retardant, coated fabric with a 10 year guarantee against premature degradation. Available in a number of standard colours.
- Fabric Cladding Fixing: The fabric roof cladding sheets are tensioned into and retained by our own aluminium cladding retention rail system
- Standard Finish: Shot blast, zinc sprayed and polyester powder coated to any standard RAL or BS colour
- Rainwater Goods: Colour coded Aluminium gutters included as standard to both eaves sides, with down pipes terminating at ground level
- Foundation Fixings: Cast in-situ anchor bolts into concrete foundation pads typically 800mm square x 600mm deep
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are your canopies usable all year in all weathers?
Yes unlike some solutions that need to be taken down in the winter or during high winds our canopies are designed to be useable all year round. The cladding materials as well as providing shade are also waterproof so that they can be used during wet weather.
- Can we view existing canopies, so that we know what we are buying?
If you are considering purchasing a canopy from any company, it is in fact strongly recommended that you visit an existing installation to see exactly what you are paying for. At Clovis Canopies we are proud of our work and are happy to arrange (with the clients consent) for you to view examples of our work and structures.
- Do you fix your canopies directly onto tarmac?
No, all canopies are fixed on to concrete pads or bases as the structures can lift out from the ground if not fixed into a suitable concrete base due to the uplift created by wind acting on the roof area.
- Do you use Polycarbonate, PETG, GRP or Acrylic for non fabric cladding?
At Clovis Canopies we use polycarbonate roofing as although slightly more expensive, we find it has a better combination of strength, impact resistance, sheet size and colour, fire / flame resistance and longevity of life than any of the other above mentioned cheaper materials.
We'd love to hear from you