Cambridge Cantilever Wall Mounted Canopy
The Cambridge style covers a small range of canopies for use as entrance canopies or covered walkways. The basic principle is based on bladed ‘glazing’ supports that are either cantilevered from the main building or supported on a freestanding framework of columns and beams.
- Guarantees: Framework - 25 years | Polycarbonate Cladding - 10 years proportional against discolouration through sunlight
- Size: The maximum width for the wall mounted Cambridge Cantilever is around 3m, but each canopy is fabricated to suit the clients requirements
- Applicable Standards: UKCA Marked structural steel fabricated in accordance with BS EN1090, designed in accordance with BS EN 1990,91,92,93,97 for Wind & Snow Loadings (replaced BS6399 Pt.2 - Wind & Snow Loadings; BS5950 - Structural Use of Steelwork in Buildings)
- Roof Shape: Flat Mono-pitched Cantilever
- Glass: Toughened laminated safety glass to BS EN 12150
- Solid Polycarbonate: Flame Retardant (Class 1) Solid Sheet Clear Polycarbonate with a 10 year proportional guarantee against discolouration from sunlight
- Structured Polycarbonate: Flame Retardant (Class 1) Structured Opal (opaque) or Clear Polycarbonate with a 10 year proportional guarantee against discolouration from sunlight
- Polycarbonate/Glass Cladding Fixing: Two part Aluminium Glazing Bar with rubber gaskets to allow for thermal expansion of the roofing sheets and secure fixing
- Standard Finish: Shot blast, Beckryzinc primed, and polyester powder coated to any standard BS/RAL Classic colour
- Rainwater Goods: Colour coded Aluminium gutter included as standard with downpipes terminating at ground level
- Building Fixings: Bolted to concrete, steelwork or brickwork - subject to SE approval
Frequently Asked Questions
- What further peace of mind can you give us before we place an order?
We are a sound, family run company with a high credit rating, which has been manufacturing and installing modular steel buildings for over 45 years. A great deal of our work comes from repeat business and recommendations from existing customers (references available on request). We aim for 100% satisfaction 100% of the time. As well as being CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Scheme) accredited, Construction Line registered we are a approved contractor to many Local Authorities and large building contractors. You will be allocated a dedicated Contract Manager who can be contacted to answer any questions that you may have at any point in the process.
- Will I require planning permission?
We always advise that you call your local planning authority as there are no hard and fast rules. They will advise on whether you require planning permission for your proposed canopy. Although it differs from region to region canopies under 30m2 may not require permission but this can be affected by situations such as proximity to neighbours, listed building status, conservation areas etc. so it always best to check. We are happy to provide free of charge, scaled drawings etc. of the proposed canopy structure to assist your application should you require.
- Will there be any additional hidden charges to the quotation?
No, our prices are all inclusive.
- How is the polycarbonate sheeting attached to the framework?
We use a two part glazing bar on our canopies with rubber gasket or cushions to attach the roof polycarbonate sheets as this allows for the expansion of the sheets as the weather heats up or cools down. The rubber gaskets as well as creating a watertight seal greatly reduce noise levels as the sheets expand and contract. We do not screw sheets directly to the framework as this can lead to the roofing sheets buckling and potentially causing leaks due to the possibility of screw heads popping off. In addition to this we never lap one sheet over the other as this can result in an algae build-up resulting in unsightly discoloured patches in the roof.
We'd love to hear from you