Uxbridge Wall Mounted Entrance Canopy
Developed from the standard freestanding column supported Uxbridge, the Uxbridge Cantilever polycarbonate clad entrance canopy design removes the requirement for columns fixed to the ground by fixing directly to the rear wall supporting structure. As standard the roof is clad in clear solid sheet polycarbonate. Cantilevering the canopies implies a considerable additional loading onto the existing wall, it is important to consider this at the outset of the project design stage to accommodate the increased imposed loads.
- Guarantees: Framework - 25 years | Cladding - 10 years against discolouration through sunlight
- Size: The maximum width for the Uxbridge is around 5m but each canopy as fabricated to suit the clients requirements.
- Applicable Standards: CE Marked structural steel fabricated in accordance with BS EN1090, Designed in accordance with BS EN 1990,91,92,93,97 for Wind & Snow Loadings (replaced BS6399 Pt.2 - Wind & Snow Loadings; BS5950 - Structural Use of Steelwork in Buildings)
- Roof Shape: Low Rise Barrel Vault
- Cladding: Flame Retardant (Class 1) Solid Sheet Clear Polycarbonate with a 10 year guarantee against discolouration from sunlight
- Cladding Fixing: Two part Aluminium Glazing Bar with rubber gaskets to allow for thermal expansion of the roofing sheets and secure fixing
- Standard Finish: Shot blast, zinc sprayed and polyester powder coated to any standard RAL or BS colour
- Rainwater Goods: Are not included as standard on this model
- Building Fixings: Stainless or mild steel steel feature tie rods and bolted beam brackets
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are your canopies usable all year in all weathers?
Yes unlike some solutions that need to be taken down in the winter or during high winds our canopies are designed to be useable all year round. The cladding materials as well as providing shade are also waterproof so that they can be used during wet weather.
- Can we view existing canopies, so that we know what we are buying?
If you are considering purchasing a canopy from any company, it is in fact strongly recommended that you visit an existing installation to see exactly what you are paying for. At Clovis Canopies we are proud of our work and are happy to arrange (with the clients consent) for you to view examples of our work and structures.
- Do you fix your canopies directly onto tarmac?
No, all canopies are fixed on to concrete pads or bases as the structures can lift out from the ground if not fixed into a suitable concrete base due to the uplift created by wind acting on the roof area.
- Do you use Polycarbonate, PETG, GRP or Acrylic for non fabric cladding?
At Clovis Canopies we use polycarbonate roofing as although slightly more expensive, we find it has a better combination of strength, impact resistance, sheet size and colour, fire / flame resistance and longevity of life than any of the other above mentioned cheaper materials.
We'd love to hear from you